Monday 3 October 2011

Back to school

I went back to school today, although I'm still coughing a bit. I finished my antibiotics this morning, and they seem to have done some good. I think I would've appreciated another couple of days of medicine, though.

Today was another good day at Colegio San Andres! Jodie (another Scottish volunteer) and I had to watch a classroom of tiny and tremendously cute first graders at lunchtime. It was really quite funny because once I started speaking to them in Spanish they flocked around me and were asking lots and lots of questions. I also was given two Tic Tacs and a cracker from someone's lunch, which I take as a sign of approval. :-) When they found out I spoke English, I tried to explain to them that it was my native language. One girl exclaimed in Spanish (with lots of emphasis), 'You speak MORE English than Spanish?!' Haha...if only she knew how conscious I was of that fact...

I'm really enjoying the feeling of coming home from school and NOT having homework! Ah...

On Friday it is Daniel's birthday, and when we were discussing the differences between Scottish and Peruvian cuisine I found out that he really likes Scottish tablet. So...I said I'd try to make some for his birthday...because every Scottish person knows how to make tablet...hmmm... :S
If any of my Scottish family and friends have suggestions regarding the making of said treat, I would love to hear from you! I have a recipe, but I know it's a difficult (rather hit or miss) task to get it just right. There's a voice in my head saying, 'Oh Megan...why?' :-)

1 comment:

  1. I just read your entry to Kate, Caleb and Dan and none of us can help you out with your Scottish recipe. Sorry. keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete