Friday 23 December 2011

On second thoughts...I will blog something!

After saying last night that I wasn't going to blog during my hols, I have decided to fill you in on the happenings of my last few days in Lima. Then, I won't blog any more!

Last Saturday night I took Diana and Daniel out for a meal to Chili's in Larcomar. We had a lovely meal and a great time together. I am very appreciative of the kindness they've shown me these past 3 months and of the sacrifices they've made to have me in their home. I ate those wonderful fajita quesadillas in Chili's; I eat them every time I go to that restaurant. Creature of habit. :-)

And Monday night was the graduation of the 5th years from Colegio San Andres. It was a loooooong meeting, but it was nicely done. There were 55 graduates, and they wore the San Andres caps and gowns. It took long enough with 55 graduates...just as well there weren't 350+ like there were in my high school graduation...groan. Lots of prize givings and speeches and this, that and the next thing. But it was good to see it, and I wish them all the best.

My farewells weren't too sad, as I will be returning to Lima in January.

At the moment, though, I am enjoying being at home with my family and spending time with Benjamin. My friend Hannah arrived today to spend the next 10 days with us. We're planning a trip to NYC next week! Yay!

Happy Christmas!

Chili's!!! With Daniel and Diana.

La Promocion 2011

Catriona and myself after the graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment