Saturday 21 January 2012

Today I found a park

The warmth and sunshine and clear blue skies are so...lovely...inspiring...motivating...enjoyable...and make me think of going to a park. I asked Dennis if there was one nearby, and he gave me directions to a little parque within walking distance of this house. It was surrounded by lots of Peruvian-style houses with their colours and flat roofs and gorgeous flowers. I sat on a bench and read Tim Keller's The Reason for God for a while, and it felt so peaceful and blessed in contrast with the normally chaotic and noisy Lima that I know. I look forward to returning to 'my spot' soon.

The past few days I've been working 8-4 at Colegio San Andres at the matriculation desk. There aren't many people coming in during January; there was a rush in December at the end of the school year, and there'll be another rush in February when school is about to open again. All I'm doing is handing forms to the parents and making sure they've filled them in correctly. Not particularly exciting, so I have Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities to keep me entertained. :-)

I hope to return to la Iglesia Presbiteriana de Surco tomorrow for church, but I'm a little apprehensive about getting there, since I'm now living in a different district and have a different bus route to that part of the city. Here's hoping I'll not get lost tomorrow!

Parque Jacaranda


5 comments:

  1. The park and the flowers look lovely! Hope you did make it to the church :) Thanks for such regular updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make it to the church! Just as I was praying about what bus to get on, the right one arrived! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Megan! I just found your blog, I love it. Thanks for your message and your prayers. Looking forward to hearing more about Peru! Did you say you're going to Moyabamba? I LOVED Moyabamba when I went - hope you have a great time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Yes, I'm off to Moyobamba on the 13th of February! I'm excited to see it - everyone says that it's a wonderful place! xxx

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that the Lord provided a pleasant spot for you. Such a blessing!
    And Reason for God is great - I just finished it recently :)

    ReplyDelete