Tuesday 6 March 2012

The gift of stickers

Day 2 went very well too. I had my first class with the three year olds. They are so cute! Some poor little ones were upset to be away from their parents, but most of them were quite wide-eyed and happy to learn the word 'hello!' with the Mickey Mouse puppet. I also had two fourth grade classes, second grade (which was very fun too) and fifth grade.

I was given three stickers by students in various grades, which makes me smile a lot. :-) I put them on my hands.

When I introduce myself to my classes, I let them ask me three questions - in English, of course. It's quite funny to hear what they come up with. Today the best ones were: Do you like apple? and What can't you do? haha...didn't take long to answer the second one...just joking... :-)

This evening I walked to the centre with Yolanda, and on our way back we stopped for a little ice cream. I can never say no to ice cream! I was eager to try the grape flavour of ice cream, since Martha MacPherson had told me about it before I left Aberdeen. I have tried it and enjoyed it!!

Lovely sticker gifts from students today

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, we were praying for you on monday nigth at our missionary pray meeting,
    the ladies were thinking about you, hope your experience in Moyobamba-Annie Soper will be an exelent one. the Lord keep you healthy, strong and happy durant your time there. Give my love to this kids, Maria Fernanda (Mafer),Ruth Sarai,
    Katherine Monteza Alvarado, they are my sobrinas in your class. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias! En que grado estan tus sobrinas? Yo tengo todo inicial y primaria. :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete